[seek] verb, sought, seek·ing.
verb (used with object)
1. to go in search or quest of: to seek the truth.
2. to try to find or discover by searching or questioning: to seek the solution to a problem.
3. to try to obtain: to seek fame.
4. to try or attempt (usually followed by an infinitive): to seek to convince a person.
5. to go to: to seek a place to rest.
American Psychological Association (APA):
seek. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved July 13, 2013, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/seek