1. guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness: We hope to be just in our understanding of such difficult situations.
2. done or made according to principle; equitable; proper: a just reply.
3. based on right; rightful; lawful: a just claim.
4. in keeping with truth or fact; true; correct: a just analysis.
5. given or awarded rightly; deserved, as a sentence, punishment, or reward: a just penalty.
American Psychological Association (APA):
just. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved June 28, 2013, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/just